Donato D’Angelo Winery is a winery in Rionero in Vulture, the heart of the Vulture area. They are producing classic Aglianico del Vulture wines and more.
I met oenologist Emiliana D’Angelo last year, she is one of Donato D’Angelo’s daughters. I talked to Emiliana to learn more about
- Basilicata and the Vulture terroir
- Aglianico del Vulture, its characteristics and differences in relation to Taurasi
- The history of Donato D’Angelo winery
- Their wines – Emiliana’s vision
- Emiliana’s view on viticulture and winemaking in Vulture and Basilicata
- Current trends in Basilicata, the future
Emiliana pointed out that Aglianico del Vulture is unique for its good acidity level and tannins which gives it a very good aging potential.
Listen to the live stream to learn more about Basilicata, Vulture, its terroir, Aglianico, Donato D’Angelo wine, and much more.
Read more about wine in Basilicata in the article How A Glorious Past Can Reinvent The Future in Basilicata.
Katarina Andersson of Grapevine Adventures has a Ph.D. in history from the European University Institute. She is a wine writer, content strategist and creator, sommelier, wine judge, and translator. She is the founder of WinesOfItaly LiveStream which aired from 2015–2021 and DigitalVino LiveStream which aired from 2020–2022. Contact Katarina for collaborations.