— Katarina Andersson (@ricasoli99) July 12, 2016
At the #WinesOfItaly Blab, on July 14th at 9pmCET / 3pmET / 12pmPT we talked wine in Maremma with Martin Kerres from Valdonica winery in Sassofortina, close to Grosseto. The winery was founded in 2006 by Martin who is originally from Austria. The estate comprises an area of 250 acres of which about 25 acres are vineyards where they cultivate, for example, Vermentino, Ciliegiolo, and Sangiovese. Since 2012, they cultivate only indigenous grapes and are organically certified. They produce wine within the denomination Monteregio di Massa Marittima. Read more about Valdonica Winery in my article here.
Questions for the Blab on July 12th
1. Tell us a bit about yourself and your background.
2. Why did you decide to buy a winery in Maremma? What has been the greatest challenge in setting up the winery?
3. What is typical about the terroir in Maremma?.
4. Tell us about the typical traits of your wines.
5. What food would you pair your wines with?
6. How and where can people find your wines abroad?