Join #WinesOfItaly @blab on June 28th w/ @CupelliSpumanti https://t.co/JTrA6JHwtx @MediaLabRat @Essau1969 @debra11 pic.twitter.com/ELzQw4UGqo
— Katarina Andersson (@ricasoli99) June 25, 2016
At the #WinesOfItaly Blab, on June 28th at 9pmCET / 3pmET / 12pmPT we talked sparkling wine with Sara Pertici from Cupelli Spumanti in San Miniato, close to Pisa. This a winery which started out in 1954 with Amelio Cupelli who moved from Le Marche to Tuscany and dedicated himself to produce Vin Santo. They also produced white and red wines. Today it is his daughter Ivana Cupelli who manages the winery. More recently they have given a new identity to the winery by starting producing a sparkling wine with the Champagne method (Metodo Classico). Here they use grape varieties such as Trebbiano Toscano and Canaiolo.
Questions for the Blab on June 28th
1. Tell us a bit about yourself and your background.
2. Tell us a bit about Cupelli Spumanti and the territory around San Miniato.
3. What is the story behind choosing to produce sparkling wines?
4. Tell us about the typical traits of your wines.
5. How and where can people find your wines abroad?
6. What food would you pair your wines with?
Loved this wine content?
Subscribe right now to my email list to get wine tips, insights, opinions, and much more about Italian wine. And,...the wine world at large.